We are seeking investors to buy and refurbish the Green Dragon Pub in Exelby, North Yorkshire through a combination of a community share offer, grants and loans. This prospectus is about the share offer and how to invest. The share offer remains open for the time being.
This plan is about reviving the fortunes of the Green Dragon in Exelby as a village and destination pub at the heart of the community. To do this the plan covers the detail of:
- Exelby, its location and people being a community that has the will, determination and expertise to operate a successful social enterprise
- Purchasing the pub as a community asset by issuing shares in a community benefit company, obtaining grants and a loan
- Renovating the pub so that it is fit for purpose and can offer a vibrant business opportunity that can be developed
- Letting the pub to a tenant who shares the community’s vision for a pub that offers excellent pub food and drink
- Developing the pub as a community hub offering a shop/delicatessen, café with activities supported by the village and wider community
- Financial forecasting, budgeting and cash flow projections
- A sustainable future that provides a return on shareholder investment which continues to be well maintained and run as a community asset into the future
As we move on; six months after purchasing the Exelby Green Dragon we have had time to reflect on our plans for the future, you can find a copy of our Revised Capital Plan 2019 here:
Rules of the Society
Exelby Green Dragon Community Pub Ltd was registered with the Financial Conduct Authority on 12 July 2017. We are a Community Benefit Society (No. 7599) as defined under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Here you will find our certificate of registration and the rules of the society.
The rules define how we are managed and governed.
Policies and Procedures of the Society
Exelby Green Dragon Community Pub Ltd was registered with the Financial Conduct Authority on 12 July 2017. We are a Community Benefit Society (No. 7599) as defined under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Here you will find relevant policies and procedures that supplement our Rules.
Affordable Housing for Exelby
This is a case study focusing on how we developed Community Led Housing, ensuring affordable housing for the community for now and the future.
Saving the Local
Take a look at Martin Booth's presentation to our village about how the community worked together to buy The George and Dragon, just up the road in Hudswell. An inspiration to us all...
If you are coming to and from Exelby and want to use public transport then you could use the the 144 Service as of 29 April 2019...